To All AIO Patients,
On Thursday, March 19, 2020, Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf ordered all non-life sustaining businesses to close effective Thursday at 8 pm as a way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Physician offices and ambulatory health care facilities are permitted to remain open, but cannot perform elective procedures or see elective patients. As a result, only patients receiving retinal injections, glaucoma patients being closely monitored, post-operative patients and any other emergent patients will be seen in our offices effective immediately. We have started contacting patients today to reschedule appointments. Based on the reduced schedule, you may be asked to travel to a different office location to receive your injection or may see a different retina doctor than you have seen previously. Please understand this is temporary, as we have consolidated offices and reduced staff to minimize exposure to one another. We have also rescheduled all elective surgeries in our surgery center until further notice. We will be performing surgery on urgent cases such as retinal detachments, certain glaucoma cases, and any other patients determined to have a need for urgent surgery.
If you are worried about coming in to our office for an appointment, we understand your concerns and want you to know the safety of our patients and employees is our first priority. We continue to monitor the guidance by the CDC and American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), and have taken the following actions to protect everyone in our offices:
- Limited entrance to our offices to patients only. If a patient needs assistance, they may have one person accompany them.
- Began screening patients’ temperatures upon entrance to our offices. If a patient has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, they will be asked to reschedule their visit.
- Rearranged waiting room furniture to provide for adequate social distancing.
- Mounted additional hand sanitizer units in each office.
- Implemented a telecommuting policy for all non-patient care related staff to work remotely.
- Ordered all vendors, sales representatives and business partners to reschedule visits until further notice and not enter offices.
This is a challenging time that is evolving daily. Our focus continues to be on ensuring everyone’s safety including you and your families. Please stay home and limit exposure to others. Practice social distancing by staying at least six feet from other individuals and reminder to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. We have sufficient staff available during normal business hours to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Feel free to call our office at 888-634-9800 during normal business hours. We will have sufficient staff available to talk to you and if we determine you have an urgent issue, we will see you in one of our locations. We thank you for your understanding as we manage through this unprecedented time together.
The Doctors and Staff of AIO