To All AIO Patients,
As of April 27, 2020, the PA Department of Health gave permission to begin performing elective surgery and procedures within strict guidelines to ensure both patients and employees are following the proper measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We remain committed to our first priority of keeping our patients and employees safe. We are excited to announce we are now seeing elective and non-emergent cases including cataract surgery starting today, Monday, May 4, 2020!
We have implemented a number of safety measures in compliance with all of the guidelines and current recommendations from the PA Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as other agencies. Below is a list of all measures patients MUST adhere to upon entering our offices and surgery center:
- ALL patients MUST wear a surgical mask or face cloth covering your nose and mouth at all times when in the building.
- Access to the office is limited to PATIENTS ONLY. If you need assistance from an accompanying adult, please notify the front desk upon entry. Any adults providing assistance must also wear a surgical mask or face covering and will also be screened as mentioned below.
- All patients will be screened at the front desk by having your temperature taken and completing our COVID-19 screening questionnaire. If you are experiencing any of the following, you will be asked to leave the office immediately and reschedule your visit:
- Have you or your family members been exposed to someone who has tested positive or has a pending test result for the coronavirus, or COVID-19?
- Fever ≥ 100.0 ⁰F
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Chills or shaking chills
- Cough or shortness of breath
- Fatigue, muscle or body aches
- Abdominal pain
We also want to assure you all of our employees will be screened daily when reporting to work based on the same criteria noted above. Employees are also being required to remain at home if they are feeling ill for any reason. We have instituted a number of other precautions to provide a safe environment in our offices and surgery center.
We are also happy to conduct your visit via a telehealth visit using video technology or phone if you do not have a camera equipped device. Please call our main number at 1-888-634-9800 to schedule a telehealth visit.
If you are having any change in your vision or have any eye care related questions or issues, we highly encourage you to call our office so we can work with you to provide the appropriate level of care. Our triage staff will discuss your symptoms and arrange for you to have a telehealth visit with a provider or schedule you for an office visit. Your safety and your vision are very important to us, so please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-888-634-9800. We are here for you during this challenging time.
Thank you and stay safe.
The Doctors and Staff at AIO